The IFIP Work Group on Information Technology in Disaster Risk Reduction
(ITDRR) promotes a novel research area, IT in disaster risk reduction
(ITDRR). The specific aims are:
- 1. To understand and identify the challenges of ITDRR.
- 2. To develop the research foundations for meeting the challenges ITDRR.
- 3. To integrate IT and disaster risk reduction inter disciplinary
communities for sharing and disseminating research and development
findings, experiences and knowledge.
- 4. To provide an additional opportunity for IFIP members to work with
external international bodies such as UN, UNISDR, ICSU, ITU and ISCRAM.
- - WG shall serve as platform to create the the knowledge and
expertise in various aspects of ITDRR from institutions all over the
world to understand the new challenges and opportunities.
- - It shall provide the opportunities to share latest research
discoveries, knowledge and experiences of ITDRR.
- - It shall serve as forum for sharing and disseminating research
findings and practical experiences in the field of ITDRR by organizing
conferences, workshops, seminars and summer schools, faculty training
programs and so on.
- - It shall provide support for researchers and practitioners to
establish linkages with IT community and DRR practitioners.
- - It shall develop and enhance excellence through new
educational and training programs in various areas of ITDRR.